I have no beginning. I have no end. Your power is my engine. Your will is my path. Your exuberance makes me burst. Your brute force wears out my matter. If you do not nurture me, I might puff. And sometimes, I am flat-out tired. Hello! I am your bicycle tyre.
Endless alpine passes, single trails, soft forest paths, walks along rivers and creeks, gravel roads… the mountain village Goms harbours almost anything that can be conquered by cycle.
BY TOURING BIKE AND ROAD CYCLE
The surrounding pass roads climb up to an altitude of 2500 metres above sea level – an impressive challenge for road cyclists. Families as well as joy riders can easily climb up to high altitudes in Goms with our e-bikes for rent. Those who do not like it too rough find very nice and easier routes along the Rhône.
EXPLORE THE ROUGH TERRAIN BY MOUNTAIN BIKE
The mountain village Goms offers countless tours for mountain bikers. In addition to that, our region is the ideal starting point for tours in the Upper Valais and Gotthard areas. Downhill mountain bikers will find courses tailored to their needs as well as excellent routes in Bellwald.
First-class material is a prerequisite for every outing by bike, be it on rough terrain of on the road. Our experts check every bike before you rent it – just as you should with your own bicycle on a regular basis so that you will not endanger yourself of other people.
- Keep your brackets, chains and shifters well oiled.
- Set the gearing correctly (a chain jumping off the sprockets can cause leg injuries and falls).
- Make sure the air pressure in the tyres is appropriate: The wider the tyre the less pressure is needed. Mountain bikes need pressures of 1.5-4.0 bar; regular road bikes 3-4.5 bar; racing bikes 6-9 bar.
- Make sure the tyres are centred and the tyre tread is sufficient.
- Make sure the brakes are set correctly and properly maintained.
- Make sure the lights are working (which is a requirement for mountain bikes as well).
- Make sure your bell is working.
- Make sure you eat and drink regularly.
- Outfit: Better pack too many clothes than be cold or wet on the road!
- No need to mention that a helmet is part of your equipment!
- Cyclists and bikers are expected to take heed of other people and adapt their speed to their personal skills. If you do not follow this rule, you usually fall over.
And now: Ready, steady, go!