Snowshoeing tours in the mountain village Goms
Safety informationThe use of the snowshoe trails is at your own risk. Obergoms Tourismus AG disclaims all liability and assumes no responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of the information on this website.
Use only marked trails and observe all markings and signs - for your own safety, for the protection of the landscape and in respect of wildlife.
Weather conditions in the mountains can change very quickly and without warning. Appropriate clothing is very important.
The winter sports report keeps you informed about the current conditions (avalanche danger, cross-country skiing, winter hiking trails, snow trails and road conditions).
Tips and hints
Getting thereFrom Brig follow cantonal road No 19 (Furkastrasse) for 40 km to Oberwald.
The Goms valley is also easily accessible from direction Zurich / Lucerne via Andermatt – car transport Furka https://www.matterhorngotthardbahn.ch.
ParkingPublic parking spaces are available in the vicinity of the railway station or in the village of Oberwald. Follow the local parking guidance system.
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentWe recommend good snowshoes:
- Robust snowshoes and sturdy poles
- Detailed map or information material with good tour preparation
- Weatherproof (waterproof and windproof) warm clothing and headgear
- Good sun protection, even in cloudy weather. UV rays at high altitudes can be very strong, especially in winter.
- Provisions for your day in the great outdoors