Remember: To be well prepared for a trip to the mountains doubles the fun. To enjoy nature, make sure you respect the following tips:
- Think of the environment: Take nothing but impressions, leave nothing but footprints.
- Respect the local weather forecast and avalanche report. Listen to locals’ advice and warnings.
- Equipment: Take sturdy shoes as well as weather-proof, warm clothes. Make sure you take enough food and drinks, some bandages, and a trail map (ideally 1:25’000).
- Attention: A smart phone does not make your journey safer. It only makes you take more risks. You will encounter places with no reception in which your phone will be of little use.
- Follow the marked paths.
- Watch out for snow slides and avalanche deposits. There could be cavities underneath.
- Take regular breaks. Hydrate often – even if you are not really thirsty.
- If the weather changes suddenly: Go back immediately or look for shelter.
- Show consideration for other hikers and travellers.
- Do not take risks, do not wear yourself out; turn back in time.
- Follow regulations (for example in nature reserves).
- Be cautious with fire! It is best to not light a fire at all.
- Keep dogs on a leash.
- Use public transport for the journeys there and back.
- Always close pasture gates and fences behind you.
- Cattle on pastures: Keep dogs on a leash. Keep 50-100 metres away from herds even sheep with a shepherd dog.
- Unexploded ordnance: Do not touch them. Mark the location and call the police.
WanderungOn the trails of the old traders from pass Grimsel to Obergesteln. On the old trade route the path leads down from pass Grimsel to Rhone valley to Obergesteln. Again and again one encounters areas where the old trail paving (natural paving or large covers of stony pavers) still remains there. The ...
WanderungThe Gommer Höhenweg, first Premium Trail of Switzerland, leads from Oberwald to Bellwald - along the sunny side of high mountain valley Goms.
ThemenpfadThe trail through the life of «Cäsar Ritz» is a bilingual, self-explanatory theme trail with chronological structure. In about 5 kilometres the hiker gets to know what is interesting and worth knowing about life and work of world famous Gommer hotel genius Cäsar Ritz.
WanderungThe small lake Bru is situated in a secluded part of wild and romantic alpine landscape of Obergoms. After a climbing rich in vertical metres departing from Biel allow yourself an extensive rest at chilly lake Bru before you walk further on along the track. Hiking past the rocky Honeggerhorn you get ...
WanderungThis circular hike offers a matchless sight on the Rhone glacier, to lake Grimsel and across the area of Obergoms. It starts at alpine Furkapass and first a gentle pathway that becomes steeper leads upwards to Tällilücke. A short length still further upwards you reach the Tällistock. Then the ...
WanderungA leisurely hike through meadows and forest from Obergoms into Unnergoms. The trail leads on a beautifully footpath from Niederwald past the chapel St. Anna to Fürgangen. From here, it is not far to Fiesch.
ThemenpfadPure leisure - adventure guaranteed!
WanderungAs a convenient one day excursion of Gommer Waldweg (forest path) the partial route from Reckingen to Niederwald can be suggested. The forest gives pleasant briskness to the hiker on hot summer days. In the cooling shadow of the trees you hike acrosss sunlit area of Obergoms and listen to the murmur ...
WanderungAs convenient one day hike of Gommer Waldweg (forest path) there would be the section from Oberwald to Reckingen. The forest gives shadow and protects the hiker from hot sun rays. Down in the valley sunburnt villages and dreamy hamlets are located.
WanderungToday you like to fly high! Searching freedom on mountain peak and vastness of broad panorama above the alps. At your feet the young Rhone river flows embedded in beautiful valley bottom of Obergoms. Heavens Blue reflects itself in impressive Distel lake. The effort pays itself off!
ThemenpfadA protective forest offers protection for people and infrastructure against natural hazards like e.g. avalanches or falling rocks. In Goms the biggest part of forest area is identified as a protective forest. In the course of time the demands towards a protective forest have gone up. Growing ...
WanderungOn hot summer days you might want to hike this perfect pathway, Gommer Waldweg (forest path). In the cooling shadow of trees you hike across sun-drenched Obergoms and listen to the murmur of the wind that moves through the forest. Ideal to let the soul relax. You can choose each stage of the forest ...