Remember: To be well prepared for a trip to the mountains doubles the fun. To enjoy nature, make sure you respect the following tips:
- Think of the environment: Take nothing but impressions, leave nothing but footprints.
- Respect the local weather forecast and avalanche report. Listen to locals’ advice and warnings.
- Equipment: Take sturdy shoes as well as weather-proof, warm clothes. Make sure you take enough food and drinks, some bandages, and a trail map (ideally 1:25’000).
- Attention: A smart phone does not make your journey safer. It only makes you take more risks. You will encounter places with no reception in which your phone will be of little use.
- Follow the marked paths.
- Watch out for snow slides and avalanche deposits. There could be cavities underneath.
- Take regular breaks. Hydrate often – even if you are not really thirsty.
- If the weather changes suddenly: Go back immediately or look for shelter.
- Show consideration for other hikers and travellers.
- Do not take risks, do not wear yourself out; turn back in time.
- Follow regulations (for example in nature reserves).
- Be cautious with fire! It is best to not light a fire at all.
- Keep dogs on a leash.
- Use public transport for the journeys there and back.
- Always close pasture gates and fences behind you.
- Cattle on pastures: Keep dogs on a leash. Keep 50-100 metres away from herds even sheep with a shepherd dog.
- Unexploded ordnance: Do not touch them. Mark the location and call the police.
WanderungThe forest road is not laid out very steeply and in several turns we slowly walk upwards until the avalanche barriers. The pathway again gets steeper and smaller. After approx. 3 hours in total we reach the Galehitte, an old alpine buildung made from stone. This place is also used by hang-gliders as ...
WanderungThis circular hike offers a matchless sight on the Rhone glacier, to lake Grimsel and across the area of Obergoms. It starts at alpine Furkapass and first a gentle pathway that becomes steeper leads upwards to Tällilücke. A short length still further upwards you reach the Tällistock. Then the ...
WanderungThis is a historic trading route on which cheese has been transported to the south. The cheese has been very popular for longer boat trips as it is very durable.
WanderungOn the trails of the old traders from pass Grimsel to Obergesteln. On the old trade route the path leads down from pass Grimsel to Rhone valley to Obergesteln. Again and again one encounters areas where the old trail paving (natural paving or large covers of stony pavers) still remains there. The ...
WanderungA great hike with breath-taking panorama to Rhone glacier, glaciers of Lauteraar- and Finsteraarhorn. This hike is a part of Four Headwaters Trail.
WanderungAlpine circular hike on to a wonderful rewarding summit with view to 4000 metres mountains of Valais and the glaciers of Aare.
WanderungThe Furka Höhenweg (Swiss Regional Route Nr. 51) leads in two stages of Andermatt over the Furka pass to Oberwald. The stage Andermatt - Furka pass leads past the rocky south-eastern slopes of Urserental and grants keen sights to Hospental and Realp and the historic Furka steam train. Alpine ...
WanderungOn hot summer days you might want to hike this perfect pathway, Gommer Waldweg (forest path). In the cooling shadow of trees you hike across sun-drenched Obergoms and listen to the murmur of the wind that moves through the forest. Ideal to let the soul relax. You can choose each stage of the forest ...
WanderungAs a convenient one day excursion of Gommer Waldweg (forest path) the partial route from Reckingen to Niederwald can be suggested. The forest gives pleasant briskness to the hiker on hot summer days. In the cooling shadow of the trees you hike acrosss sunlit area of Obergoms and listen to the murmur ...
ThemenpfadAt the tourist information Münster (Obergoms Tourismus AG) there is a red information pillar. It serves as starting point of cultural route. In a shelf brochures free of charge are laid out. Therein the buildings are described in more details. On the respective buildings (see village map) there is ...
ThemenpfadOn the village square at Baschi-memorial there is a red information pillar. This is the starting point for the cultural route. In a shelf brochures free of charge are laid out. Therein the buildings are described in more details. On these particular buildings (see village map) there is a panel with ...
WanderungThe more or less even pathway Rottenweg, alongside young Rhone river is perfect to explore Obergoms. At one point across wide meadows, at another point through sparse forest the Rottenweg leads from village to village. This pleasant hiking path therefore really invites to discover gastronomy of ...